- One percent of the world’s population is now forcibly displaced.
- 5 million forcibly displaced world wide at the end of 2019 , including 26 million refugees , of whom 20.4 million are under UNHCR’s mandate and 5.6/million Palestine refugees under UNRWA’s manadte; 45.7 million internally displaced people (IDP’s) ; 4.2 million asylum.seekers and 3.6 million Venzuella refugees.
- 100 million people at least were forced to flee their homes in the past decades , seeking refugee either in or outside their countries. That’s more people fleeing than the entire population of Egypt , the world’s 14th most populous country.
- Forced displacement has almost doubled once 2010 ( 42 million then vs 79.5 million now.)
- 80% of the world’s displaced people ate in countries or territories affected by acute food insecurity and malnutrition- many of them countries facing climate and other disaster risk.
- More than three quarters of the world’s refugee (77%) ate caught up in a situation of long term displacement- for example the situation in Afghanistan , now in its fifth decade.
- More than eight of every 10 refugees (85%) are in developing countries, generally a country neighbouring the one they fled.
- Five countries account for two-third of people displace dactoss borders : Syria , Venezuela, Afghanistan, South Sudan and Myanmar.
- Displacemen in cities and towns has become widespread. Among internally displaced populations two-thirds were in urban or semi- urban areas as of 2019, according to available data.
- The 2040 Sustainable Development Commitment of “leaving no one behind ” now explicitly includes refugees , thanks to a new indicator on refugees approved by the UN statistical commission in March of 2020.
For More information on Refugee Facts: visit our site- Essu Center
Honey, Money and Bitcoin to your wallet when you reimagin Crypto trading ecosystem
Honey and Money are my most favorite Love finders. Bitcoin is really a game changer. Our new members at CrypoTab are enjoying the Harvesting event of Harvesting. You know what we are harvesting? It is just a coin. Very little hash of coins. Its drop can fill the world with joy. Bitcoin. Simply add a…