Take a Boat Tour of the Toronto Islands
When it comes to exploring Toronto, there are plenty of options to choose from. However, one of the most unique and exciting ways to experience the city is by taking a boat tour of the Toronto Islands. Located just a short ferry ride away from the city’s downtown core, the Toronto Islands offer a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, with stunning views of the skyline and plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Why Take a Boat Tour of the Toronto Islands?
There are many reasons why taking a boat tour of the Toronto Islands is a must-do activity for visitors and locals alike. Here are just a few:
- Stunning views: From the water, you’ll get a unique perspective on Toronto’s skyline, with views of iconic landmarks like the CN Tower and the Rogers Centre.
- Escape the city: The Toronto Islands offer a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city, with plenty of green space and fresh air.
- Outdoor recreation: Whether you’re interested in biking, hiking, swimming, or kayaking, the Toronto Islands offer plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Family-friendly: With plenty of playgrounds, picnic areas, and beaches, the Toronto Islands are a great destination for families with kids.
- Historic landmarks: The Toronto Islands are home to several historic landmarks, including the Gibraltar Point Lighthouse and the Royal Canadian Yacht Club.
What to Expect on a Boat Tour of the Toronto Islands
There are several companies that offer boat tours of the Toronto Islands, each with their own unique itinerary and experience. However, most tours will include some or all of the following:
- Departure from the Harbourfront: Most boat tours of the Toronto Islands depart from the Harbourfront, located in downtown Toronto.
- Views of the skyline: As you make your way to the Toronto Islands, you’ll enjoy stunning views of the city’s skyline.
- Guided tour: Many boat tours of the Toronto Islands include a guided tour, with a knowledgeable guide providing information about the history and landmarks of the islands.
- Opportunities for outdoor recreation: Depending on the tour, you may have the opportunity to bike, hike, swim, or kayak on the Toronto Islands.
- Refreshments: Some boat tours may include refreshments, such as snacks or drinks, for passengers.
Choosing a Boat Tour of the Toronto Islands
With so many companies offering boat tours of the Toronto Islands, it can be difficult to choose the right one for you. Here are a few things to consider when making your decision:
- Price: Boat tours of the Toronto Islands can vary in price, so be sure to compare prices and find a tour that fits your budget.
- Duration: Some boat tours may be shorter or longer than others, so consider how much time you have available and choose a tour that fits your schedule.
- Itinerary: Different boat tours may have different itineraries, so consider what you’re most interested in seeing and doing on the Toronto Islands.
- Reviews: Before booking a boat tour, be sure to read reviews from other passengers to get an idea of the experience and quality of the tour.
Exploring the Toronto Islands
Once you’ve arrived on the Toronto Islands, there are plenty of things to see and do. Here are just a few of the top attractions:
- Centreville Amusement Park: This family-friendly amusement park features rides, games, and attractions for all ages.
- Hanlan’s Point Beach: This popular beach offers stunning views of the city skyline and is a great spot for swimming and sunbathing.
- Gibraltar Point Lighthouse: This historic lighthouse dates back to 1808 and is one of the oldest landmarks on the Toronto Islands.
- Far Enough Farm: This working farm is home to a variety of animals, including cows, pigs, and horses, and is a great destination for families with kids.
- Ward’s Island: This charming residential community features quaint cottages and gardens, and is a great place to explore on foot or by bike.
Overall, taking a boat tour of the Toronto Islands is a unique and exciting way to experience the city. With stunning views of the skyline, plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation, and a variety of historic landmarks and attractions to explore, the Toronto Islands offer something for everyone. Whether you’re a visitor or a local, be sure to add a boat tour of the Toronto Islands to your list of must-do activities in the city.